French school in france
Choose IS Aix-en-Provence for your language stay
Pedagogy of our French language school
At IS Aix-en-Provence our French classes are in small groups of maximum 10 people and we focus on oral communication, with an interactive and individual approach.The minimum age is 18 years, except for the closed groups where we can accept younger students.
With our experience of French courses over more than 40 years, IS Aix-en-Provence has developed a specific pedagogical approach:
– Priority to verbal communication: to express yourself with a maximum of ease and therefore gain in autonomy. Verbal communication, based on real situations, also allows you to cover written expression, grammar and vocabulary.
– Groups with a maximum of 10 people: exchanges between students are guaranteed and the teacher can personalize his course according to the level, demands and progression of each one.
– A selection of pedagogical methods: the best and the most adapted to each situation in class are chosen from the methods available. The diversity encourages exchanges: debates, presentations, role plays, exercises in written expression, essays, simulations on the telephone…
– Authentic material used in the classes: the press, documentaries, audio extracts, illustrations, songs, advertising, Internet extracts (…), and allows a concrete approach to living French.
– 2 alternating teachers : because their approaches are complementary and because more contact with the members of the pedagogical team favourises communication with them, and these exchanges are very important for your training to go as well as possible.
– A Multimedia Resource Centre with learning aids: methods for learning French on CD-ROM, exercise books, French films, a selection from of newspaper, French songs on CD, board games… are at your disposal to complete your course…
– Preparation in parallel for certificates and tests: you can prepare for the DELF (Diplôme d’Etude de Langue Française) at IS Aix-en-Provence or the TCF (Test de Connaissance du Français) on request.
Public attending our French courses
IS Aix-en-Provence is certified since 2007 with the official government accreditation Label FLE obtaining 3 stars (out of 3) on each of the 5 audited categories: Welcome, Premises, Teachers, Courses and Overall Management and the school was reawarded with the same number of stars at the re-inspection in 2011 and 2015.
Every year more than 100 000 people come to France to learn French. Some 300 language centres (public, private or associative) offer their services in this respect.
To address such situation, FRANCE through the participation of three ministries — Higher Education and Research, Foreign and European Affairs, and Culture and Communication — has decided to establish a certification system of the French foreign language centres established on French territory.
For this purpose, a label entitled “French foreign Language quality” has been created.
This process aims at the official identification, recognition and promotion of the schools where the language programs and related services present the required quality guarantees.
France Education International, a national public institution administratively related to the ministry for National Education, is in charge of implementing this certification system.
For more detailed information, please visit their Website
Our French school in France, IS Aix-en-Provence is also a member of The Groupement FLE, a professional association which brings together schools teaching French in France offering a wide range of quality services to students, business people or people just interested in learning French in France during a language stay. This “ quality reference” is based on criteria, firm commitments and audits, outlined in a reference document, to which all Groupement FLE member schools adhere. The Groupement FLE also aims to promote its member schools, as well as sharing experience and knowledge to improve quality standards.
IS Aix-en-Provence is a member of Eaquals, the reference for quality language training in Europe. Eaquals is a Pan-European association of language training institutions in which the objective is to promote and guarantee excellence in language education.
A set of membership criteria has been defined and published with this in mind and stated in the form of a professional Code in three charters : the Student Charter, the Information Charter and the Personnel Charter. The members of Eaquals are inspected every four years.
Our French language school in France is also a member of IALC, international network: “a quality mark in language study abroad”.
The IALC quality seal is a trusted symbol in language study abroad. All IALC language schools are regularly inspected and continuously monitored.
The IALC Code of Ethics sets the standards for member language schools and the IALC Quality Scheme ensures these standards are not only met, but exceeded.
IS Aix-en-Provence has the status of “Private Establishment of Higher Education” in France.
IS Aix-en-Provence is recognised by CSN, the Swedish National Authority which manages financial aid for Swedish students, giving grants to those who wish to learn French in France.